Please be at KLIA by 9 AM on Thursday, 12th July 2007.
Departure at 11 am. Arrival at12:05 pm at Siem Reap. (Flight is 2 hours and 5 minutes long.)
Meet Bunna Phing at 1 pm . Check into hotel at 2 pm. Afternoon tour after check-in. Meeting after dinner. Next day site visit.
I am just sharing you what was written on the board just now.
BUDGET – You need to bring at least 200USD, based on the following cost breakdown:
Accommodation – 30 USD (Either the double – 14 USD or Triple – 16 USD)
Airport Tax – 25 USD
Angkor Wat Entrance – 20 USD
Travel & Tours – 25 USD (including tips. James recommend not more than 10 USD)
Food (estimation) – 50 USD
Total = 150 USD
Yee Ping suggested RM 600 needed for trip.
SITE ANALYSIS – 3 GROUPS excluding USC’s programme group
1)Building Cost – low cost building materials and construction or methods that would be feasible (source – local contractors)
2) Building Regulation – regulation on building setbacks or any other limitations / parameters
3) Climatic conditions – wet and dry seasons, monsoon rains
4) School schedule – information to functions
1) Site plan drawn by USC students to confirm the measurements
2) Existing topography (vegetation), structures (blocks), infrastructure
1) Architecture / typology
2) Community studies: Interviews with local people on their events, life (family, religion, community), work (what they do, including traders, farmers etc)
Tour Leader: Class Rep.
Class Rep.: Axxu
Assistant Class Rep.: Seah
Technical: Kar Wai